Our family vacation started at the beach. It was very cold and windy, but sunny. We saw a sea lion in the water around the pier. We also took a harbor cruise around Balboa Island.
Olivia found her own seat.


While Kevin, Haley, Tami, and Maddison went on Space Mountain, I took Logan on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Logan had really wanted to go on the roller coaster with the big waterfall (Splash Mountain) but unfortunately he was too short. As we were walking on to Winnie the Pooh the attendant was talking to the guy behind us joking saying he was just tall enough to go on the ride. Logan thought they were talking to him and he looked at me and said he said "I am big enough to go on the ride with the waterfall". He was so excited I felt so bad I had to disappoint him.

The kids favorite ride was It's a Small World and little Isaac was getting Jiggy with it. They had it all done up for Christmas. Issac was so cute when ever he was scared on a ride he would turn his head to the side and close his eyes and "sleep" through the ride. None of the kids liked Pirates of the Carribean. The Haunted Mansion was done neat with the Nightmare before


Olivia found her own seat.
Isaac enjoying his donut at grandma's house.
The weather in California was awful while we were there. Somehow we always manage to bring the bad weather with us. Monday and Wednesday the rain was so bad we couldn't go anywhere. Luckily Tuesday was very nice and we were able to go to Disneyland. It was Logan's first trip.

We started off leaving Isaac at Aunt Traci's house, but he screamed for two straight hours and Traci finally brought him to Disneyland. He is usually a very good baby, and he didn't make a sound the entire time at Disneyland, he was the perfect baby. I guess he didn't want to be left out.
We started off leaving Isaac at Aunt Traci's house, but he screamed for two straight hours and Traci finally brought him to Disneyland. He is usually a very good baby, and he didn't make a sound the entire time at Disneyland, he was the perfect baby. I guess he didn't want to be left out.
While taking this picture some Japanese toursists came over and took pictures too, commenting how cute the kids were (at least that was the translation they provided to us).

Haley was able to go on every roller coaster at Disneyland except Indiana Jones. The only one she didn't like was Space Mountain. About half way through the ride she turned to Kevin and said she was done with the ride. After the ride she told me she didn't ever want to go on that ride again until she was bigger. We took Logan on the the roller coaster in toon town first and he kept saying this is my first roller coaster. He was also tall enough to go on the Matterhorn.
While Kevin, Haley, Tami, and Maddison went on Space Mountain, I took Logan on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Logan had really wanted to go on the roller coaster with the big waterfall (Splash Mountain) but unfortunately he was too short. As we were walking on to Winnie the Pooh the attendant was talking to the guy behind us joking saying he was just tall enough to go on the ride. Logan thought they were talking to him and he looked at me and said he said "I am big enough to go on the ride with the waterfall". He was so excited I felt so bad I had to disappoint him.
The kids favorite ride was It's a Small World and little Isaac was getting Jiggy with it. They had it all done up for Christmas. Issac was so cute when ever he was scared on a ride he would turn his head to the side and close his eyes and "sleep" through the ride. None of the kids liked Pirates of the Carribean. The Haunted Mansion was done neat with the Nightmare before
While in California Kevin and I went to the play Wicked for our anniversary. We had a really good time and enjoyed it. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for watching the kids so we could go.
The weather was so bad this week that Las Vegas was snowed in and parts of the freeway in California were closed because of snow. Between the snow in Vegas and Cali and Kati graduating from college, Kevin says "Hell has officially frozen over."

We had a wonderful week and it was good to see everyone.
The Smith's Christmas Vacation Part 2 : Las Vegas, soon to follow.


3 comments:
That pic of Traci is awesome!! Love it all! Sorry the weather wasn't good for you guys! I'm officially over the rain!! We ended up going to Knott's for 2 hours on Thursday before we went to Wicked! Oh well, at least I got my funnel cake!!! :) Those last 2 pics of Isaac kill me, I love them!! And the one of Haley's weird ensemble is a little creepy! LOL!
Oh my... I will allow you to remove that picture.
Thank you.
I love the pic of Isaac and his doughnut. I am glad you all had fun at disneyland....maddison is still talking about it.
I love Haleys outfit, she is a trip.
You need to make a correction on that kevin haley maddison and i went on splash mountain not space mountain. its ok though thanks for adopting my daughter for the week. i want some of those pictures from your camera
Post a Comment