We took a weekend trip with the kids to Moab. It was great to get away. We got there Friday night and took the kids swimming in our hotel. Isaac's version of swimming is sitting on the step of the pool and then walking to the step in the hot tub and then back again. Then he says "look I'm swimming." I took the kids to McDonalds for dinner while Kevin waited for almost an hour at Milt's drive-in for some awesome burgers and fries for us.

Saturday was beautiful. We headed into Moab and stopped at the visitors center where the kids got packets to be Junior rangers. There are certain things you have to do in the booklets and at the end you get a junior ranger badge.

This is balanced rock which was Isaac's favorite spot.


We ate lunch in the car because we couldn't find picnic benches and then we walked to Double arch. Derek insisted on walking. This hike was a little up hill but he did really well. Every time I picked him up he would start to cry. He finally started getting a little wobbly and fell down, so I picked him up and he just laid his head on my shoulder and let me carry him the rest of the way.

Kevin and the kids climbed up Double Arch while Derek and I stayed at the bottom, but of course Derek wasn't happy about this. He thinks he should be able to do what the other kids are doing. Here he is trying to climb after them.

After our first usage of pit toilets, we drove to landscape arch. Both Derek and Isaac fell asleep on the drive, so I dropped Kevin, Haley, and Logan off at the beginning of the hike and parked the car, within 2 minutes of stopping I was asleep too.
Landscape Arch was Logan's favorite arch. Kevin said it got really windy on the hike and they got pelted by the sand.
We'll put our kids anywhere for a picture.
Afterwards we went back to the hotel and went swimming again, then out to dinner.
2 comments:
Kids look like they had a great time
looks like fun ..... derek is getting so big
Post a Comment