Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hogle Zoo trip



My day started off by leaving the house at 9 am.  Off to Hogle Zoo.  5 kids and me.  I was feeling pretty ambitious.  


 There were all kinds of Lego displays at the Zoo.  Both the gorilla and the orangutan are pictures made out of Legos.



 Snake and birds made out of Legos.
 Polar Bear out of Legos.
 Bird Show.  Up until this point the day had been great.  After the bird show I got the kids some popcorn and we got into line for the carousel.  Well then Derek started randomly crying and saying his ear hurt.  The first thing I asked him was if he had put some popcorn in his ear.  He said no so we pushed on through the zoo.

 Orange Lego Monkeys.

 Lego penguins.  By this time Derek was crying pretty good, and i was pushing Derek through the zoo in a stroller and carrying a sleeping Tyler.  We stopped at Red Robin for lunch.  Derek wouldn't eat anything.  I just held him and he cried.

 I was trying to take a picture to send to daddy and Derek kept crying "don't take picture of me, me crying"
 We were lucky enough to get a Dr.'s appt.  and yep an ear infection.  I had some ear drops at home so I stopped by home just long enough to get them and by the time we saw the dr. he had finally stopped crying! and he never cried again so we were able to pick up daddy from work and head up the mountain for a cook out.

 some kindling for the fire.
 Ty was fascinated by the fire.
 hot dogs!

 Smores and an extremely dirty face.
 afterwards we went fishing.  While we were fishing a small moose came walking around the side of the lake very near where Kevin, Haley and Logan were.  It was a very interesting day for the first day of summer vacation.
This is a random picture of Logan's first day of Lehi high Schools basketball camp.


1 comment:

Christine said...

You guys do such fun stuff! You ARE very ambitious to take five kids anywhere. :)