The first field trip was to the fire dept. They got to walk through an ambulance (hopefully the only way we'll ever be in one), then they sat in a fire truck, and they got to try on a jacket and a hat. She had a fun time and I enjoyed being there with her.

The second field trip was to a pumpkin patch. The second trip was a little more involved. When we first got there we ate lunch. The kids sat at a picnic table and Isaac was in a stroller, somehow he got a hold of Logan's napkin and spilled barbeque sauce all over himself and the stroller. Then Haley had to go to the bathroom, and they only had port-a-potties. Then it was time for a hay ride. They put two full classes, plus parents and siblings on one ride. Not so comfortable. Plus it was hot and sunny. Then we went into the pumpkin patch, where we had to go in and pick our own pumpkins. Since it was early in the season, we had to forge our own paths threw the dead sunflower stalks. Who knew that pumpkin vines were prickly. By the way I did all this carrying Isaac because I couldn't get the stroller through. Then we went through the corn maze, and whoever thought sending preschool children through a maze without a guide was a good idea, was miserably wrong. My kids were so hot and tired at one point I was carrying both Isaac and Logan. Once we finally made it out, we got some cloud cover and the kids got to enjoy the slides. Next year I think we'll get our pumpkins from the store.


No comments:
Post a Comment