Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 10 Friday May 28

This was the bed and breakfast we stayed in. We woke up and had an Irish breakfast which included black and white pudding. I was holding Derek while eating breakfast. The hostess came and took him from me while I was eating. She walked around with him, introduced him to other people there, took him to a couch and played with him. I wasn't sure I was going to get him back! People over there loved him, They couldn't believe how big he was.
We went to some outlet malls in Killarney and walked around the town for a while. Then started our drive. We were following the GPS on Kevin's I phone and ended up on a ferry. We drove onto the ferry and it started moving before we even got parked. We found out then, that it cost 18 Euros for a 15 min ferry ride and they only took cash. We only had 15 Euros. So they let us make it up in Pounds.
Kevin and Derek on the ferry.
Crossing on the ferry.
We got off the ferry and found a restaurant in the town. It was the best meal we'd had so far. Kevin had the lamb dinner and I had an open face steak sandwich with carmelized onions. We went to pay with our credit card and her credit card machine wasn't working so I sat at the restaurant while Kevin went and got cash. Being 2 in the afternoon we were the only ones in the restaurant so I had a nice chat with the lady there. Then we were off to find the cliffs of Moher.
We drove past the cliffs and found a little path heading to the bottom of the cliffs. We had to duck under fences and climb over barbed wire to get down. This picture is of me deciding I can't make the walk with the baby and started to head back. Kevin kept going. He said it got pretty treacherous and it was a good thing I had turned around.
He als said it was one of the most majestic and awe inspiring things. Unfortunately he only got a few pictures before his camera died. He then walked back and we went to the visitors center and the top of the cliffs of Moher.




Here is the view from the tops of cliffs. For anyone who has seen the Princess Bride, these are the Cliffs of Insanity.




The Cliffs of Moher are home to Puffins and they live on this rock.



We then left the cliffs of Moher to drive to our hotel.

1 comment:

karen burnham said...

It's fun looking at these pictures each day and hearing about your trip.