
William playing in the water feature. He was a very sweet kid and I loved listening to him talk with his little accent. It makes kids seem so polite.

We were hot and Kevin went in search of a smoothie. Mission complete.

Bristol Cathedral.

Clifton Suspension Bridge.

At the top of the park overlooking Bristol.

At the park. So green and pretty.


Not a great picture of Kevin, but the only picture we got of Craig and Patrick.

This wa s a a natural rock slide at the park. William and I went down it over and over again. When I finally told him I was done, he asked me if I wanted to sit on his lap.
After our walk we left to go to Plymouth. Craig routed us through the Moors so we could see them. He told Kevin that his Dad taught him how to drive there, because if you can drive there you can drive anywhere. We stopped at Hungry Horse pub for lunch where I had an open cauliflower and cheese pie, delicious. Kevin had a hamburger.
Driving through the Moors was quite an experience. There were several roads that were only 1 lane and you had to back up and let people pass. The roads are very narrow and when there were 2 lanes together they were as wide as one lane here. They had walls on both sides of the lanes so there were no shoulders. I had to watch my side and make sure Kevin didn't get too close to the walls. We were very stressed at the end of the drive, but we made it. No accidents.
Kevin on the Moors.


Approaching a motorcycle to pass, not much room, see the walls on both sides. So glad it wasn't a car. We were very grateful for the lack of big SUV's in England.

Sheep-they were everywhere.



The narrow windy roads.

From the Moors we went to Gary and Theresa's house and saw them. Then we went to Julie and Nigel's house. Julie made us some quiche and wonderful scones with clotted cream. Paul and Sharon came over, where in Paul proceded to make fun of Kevin eating Scones with a fork and knife. It was great seeing the family again after such a long time.





1 comment:
the moors have to be my favorite. I could spend all day up there.
Post a Comment