Each class has early birds and later gators. We signed Haley up for Later gators because we don't do mornings. . One morning she told me she wanted to be an early bird because they got to leave earlier. I explained to her it's because they go to school earlier. She told me "I don't understand that" (which is one of her new favorite sayings). So I told her if you were an early bird instead of me waking you up right now , you would already have to be at school. She said, so we go for the same time, some early and some late. So now she is okay with it.
She loves to buy her lunch. I always try to make her a lunch, but she thinks buying is more fun.
Her first week of school was so hectic because we had company, that it really hadn't hit me that she was gone all day, until one day at lunch, all our company was out and just Logan and I were sitting at the table eating lunch, and Logan says I bet Haley is eating lunch right now too. We also went to lunch at Chuck-a-rama and Kevin met us there and he kept looking for her.
I had told Logan that he was really going to miss Haley when she was in school because she was going to be gone all day. Well he was busy playing with cousins and came upstairs and said it's lots of fun when Haley's at school.
It's hard to see her grow up and be gone all day where I can't protect her, or make sure she's being good, or make sure everyone is treating her nice, or that she is having fun. Or in other words controlling the situation, but I know she is a good kid who always tries her best to do the right thing. She is super sweet and I know she'll do well. I love picking her up at the end of the day and see how happy she is and hear all about her day.
We love you Haley.


2 comments:
so sweet...
i dont understand that.... oh thats funny
Post a Comment