Saturday, September 4, 2010

THe Lion King

The night before Haley started first grade, Kevin and I took her to the Broadway play The Lion King at the Capitol Theater in SLC. I was so excited to take her to her first musical.







I think she really enjoyed herself. Kevin and I did. The costumes are amazing. When we first got there Haley wanted us to sit somewhere else, I told her we couldn't, because these were our tickets (we were lucky to get tickets) and she said "you should have gotten better tickets" The capitol theater is small and all seats are good. Haley talked through the entire play. We had to keep telling her to be quiet. She wanted to know everything that was going on. It was a special night. As soon as we got to the theater she says to her daddy...."since this is a special date can I have a special drink" So of course her daddy bought her an icee on the way home.
Sorry, I just got yelled yet. It was a Slurpee not an icee. I was told not to defame the name of Slurpee, Kevin does not do Icee's. Whatever, I didn't have any. I had Del Taco!

4 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

is that where we saw mama mia?

what a fun night.

Kati and Carlos said...

aw you look pretty and skinny i love it.... i loved lion king i hope haley did too...

i leave next sunday i wish there was time to see you and your fat baby!!! i miss your kids i hope isaac still likes me

karen burnham said...

What a fun night. I think this was were were saw Mamma Mia...drove home in a snow storm...2 pregnant daughters...great times!

maddison and tami said...

looks like fun maddison keeps telling me im taking her to see lion king in new york. we will see about that. love you cant wait to see you guys