Thursday, October 11, 2012

Germany Day 1

9/29-9/30  We left Salt Lake City at 11:05 am flying through JFK and landing in Frankfurt Germany at 9:35 am (which is 1:35 am in SLC)  It was a good flight with Tyler sleeping most of the way.  Once landed we took a train from Frankfurt to Bingen.  We stayed in a hotel right on the Rhine.  It was beautiful.  The vertical lines on the hills are vineyards.  The Rhine valley is known for their wine and castles. We walked around Bingen and made our way up to Klopp Castle.  














 We took the ferry across the river to Rudesheim.  There is a famous tourist street here called Drosselgasse which looks likes a scene from Disneyland, unfortunately we couldn't get a good view of it with our camera.  We ate dinner here and this is where we tried Schnitzel with noodles.


Back to the ferry to go to our hotel.  We were in bed at 8 pm having been awake for 28.5 hours.  We didn't sleep at all on the plane.  Tyler woke up at 1 am and thought it was morning so I took him down to the hotel lobby where I met a very nice hotel clerk.  He fell asleep again at 2:30 so back to bed, unfortunately he tossed and turned all night and I finally gave in at 7 am and turned on the lights to start day 2.  

1 comment:

DanielLisaCaliDavidEmmaline said...

Awesome Trip, I enjoy your pictures...I was in the SLC airport at 6:30am on the 29th the morning you left for Germany, but I headed to less exciting Texas.:) Vacations are so much fun as a couple!