Get ready for a lot of pictures!
After a fitful night sleep we got up at 7:30. Somehow Kevin was invited to the Executive Lounge at the Hilton. Free drinks, beer (oh yeah), snacks and continental breakfast. So breakfast was free every morning. After breakfast, Kevin went to work and I headed out with Derek. First of all there are very few lifts (elevators) so doing the underground with a stroller was fun! I was very surprised that people offered to help me carry the stroller up and down stairs. We went to Portebello Road which was nothing, than I took the underground to South Kensington. Where I took a long walk to Royal Albert Hall so I could take a tour.
I was early for the tour so I looked around and took some pics.


I really enjoyed the tour we took of Prince Albert Hall. I learned a lot of cool things and it was fun because I had just watched Young Victoria with Grandma so I knew a little something of Prince Albert.
Fun story......The queen owns seats at the Hall. When she is not in attendance she gives her tickets to household staff. There are a couple of rules when in the Queens box. You have to dress up and no dancing. One time the Queen was in attendance with Nelson Mandela. Who really got into the music and stood up, the Queen stood with him. Nelson Mandela couldn't help himself and started to dance (who was going to stop him) and it is said that day the Queen swayed!
After the tour I walked through Kensington Park and took the Underground back to our hotel to meet Kevin.
London Bridge--We took the Thames Cruise from the Tower of London to Westminster. It was so hot!
When we got off the boat we took a walk and saw the London Eye, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, St. James Park, The Green Park, and Picadilly Circus.
Westminster

At first we made fun that these signs were at every crossing, but as time went on and we found ourselves looking in the wrong direction to cross the road we found them quite useful.

At first we made fun that these signs were at every crossing, but as time went on and we found ourselves looking in the wrong direction to cross the road we found them quite useful.

Buckingham Palace
By the time we were done it was late and we were exhausted from lack of sleep and tons of walking so we went to McDonald's for dinner. At least I did have a sausage roll for lunch!










3 comments:
Mcdonalds? Im embarassed for you!
Great pics...I can't believe how hot it was for you guys.
Love Dereks face on the boat, he doesn't look very amused (:
What a fun trip! Derek is such a good little baby.
Traci, you should ask her how many times they at at McDonalds...then you will really be embarrassed!
Post a Comment