Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 6 Monday May 24



We woke up this morning and went to the Barbican and Hoe. It was a very beautiful bright blue day. Couldn't have asked for better weather. We parked and took a walk. We saw the Mayflower steps and just enjoyed the views. I understand why Grandma loves the sea so much.


The car seat cover mom made me came in handy as a stroller cover on this trip.

They Mayflower steps.





After our walk we drove to Lanhydrock House. Unfortunately the house was closed but the beautiful gardens were open. We walked around the house and ate lunch on the property. Tuna Mayo and Cucumber sandwiches.







We left Lanhydrock house and drove to Pencarrow House. Where we had our first experience with really cold water. In fact it tasted so good we each had two bottles, at 1 pound each and they were small bottles of water. Then we took a tour of the Manor House. Amazing paintings and furniture. Derek thought the tour guide was talking to him and he kept laughing and talking to her. It's so weird that people are still living in these houses that we are touring.



After Pencarrow house we drove to Padstow where we sat and watched the water and ate at the famous Steins fish and chips. We had their fish and chips and fried squid. The fried squid was incredible. While eating the fog came in over the ocean. It was like a finger coming in over the water and it came in so fast that by the time Kevin got his camera out you couldn't see the other side of the water.

Here is the fog coming through.

After we left Padstow we got smart and went to a grocery store and bought a couple of packages of bottled water to get us through our trip. We also looked around and bought some candy and cookies to bring home.

When we got back to Julie's, Emma and her baby were there. Her husband Will came over later. We had chicken wrapped in bacon, with the most delicious little new potatoes that Julie made, and then some chocolate cake.


Julie took me upstairs and had the pack and play set up for the baby. I commented on the quilt and how much I liked it. She told me Auntie Joan (Grandma) had made it for Emma. I said I thought it looked familiar.I had a dress that Grandma had made me out of the blue fabric with the colored squares in it.

It was a wonderful day I wish we had had more time to see Plymouth and Cornwall and more family.

1 comment:

Traci Elizabeth said...

gorgeous pics! I don't remember having a problem with cold drinks while i was there...then again it was raining :)