Saturday, February 28, 2009

Isaac's first Birthday


Isaac opening his birthday card from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa

Here he is with his candle and cupcake. So his cupcake looks pretty pathetic and I took a lot of flak for it. Logan is allergic to eggs so I attempted a new recipe for cupcakes. They tasted great they just didn't look good and you had to use a fork. If anyone has tips for me, please share.


He started out kind of timid


but he got into it.


You want some?


After cleaning up he got to open some birthday presents. Opening birthday presents in his birthday suits.


Cousin Nathan came over to get some pointers on how to eat a first birthday cake. Something tells me he won't have any problems.

Isaac is 20 lbs 11 oz and 29 3/4 in long. He walks, climbs, plays. He wants to be one of the big kids. We are no longer nursing (which I am more happy about than he is.) He's cutting his 7th and 8th teeth. He has started a new annoying habit where he grunts when he wants something. He's alredy becoming a daddy's boy. I was sitting and holding him and he started to fuss. So I stood up with him and he pointed to daddy, I took him over there, he reached for daddy crawled in his arms and fell asleep.

6 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

He looks a lot like you in those photos! I am going to send his birthday present up with Maddi

maddison and tami said...

isaac is gonna recieve his presents a little late they will be comming up with maddison

karen burnham said...

Cute pictures - the cake makes me proud :)...(whats with the bump on his forehead) - he is growing up so fast. Happy Birthday Isaac - Grandma loves you..

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Issac! We haven't met you yet but hopefully soon. Come on guys we NEED to get together. Second, I can't believe you cut his hair. I wouldn't dare. It looks really good. Good for you!! Third, do you think Issac could give Easton some pointer's on walking. He does really well. I can't believe he has that many teeth. Easton is 13mos. and still NO teeth. Hopefully soon!

Shaun and Lisa said...

Wow! I thought Isabel made a mess when she ate, but I guess I have lots more to look forward to. He is way cute and such a sweetie.

Brooke said...

Happy birthday, Isaac! I was wondering if Isaac got to his cake before you could do the candle... by the way, I know of an allergy treatment that may work for Logan's egg allergy. Let me know if you would like to know more about it.